Welcome! If you are a complete newbie to the world of cryptocurrency and NFTs, this quick crash course will get you up to speed in an afternoon. You will learn:
• How cryptocurrencies work
• What an NFT is
• How to create an NFT
• How to sell that NFT on the two major NFT marketplaces, Rarible and OpenSea
If you are looking to dig deeper, here are a few resources that can help you understand cryptocurrency and NFTs a bit better:
Another big challenge is (of course) finding something to turn into an NFT! I found this Blender tutorial very helpful: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrnSACiTJ4
Blender is free software for making 3D models, and I used it to create the ‘donut’ image used throughout this course.
Getting In Touch
If you have any questions or feedback on the course, send me an email: email@example.com
Hands-on Class Project
The class project is to make your own NFT! To do this, you will need to:
1. Set up a crypto “wallet” (I recommend Metamask: metamask.io/ )
2. Use your crypto wallet to create accounts on at least one major NFT marketplace:
1. Rarible: rarible.com/ <— recommended for beginners 2. OpenSea: opensea.io/
3. Upload an NFT and list it for sale!
You will also need a way to buy cryptocurrency (specifically “Ether”, also called “ETH”). There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest way will be to join an exchange. Popular exchanges include:
1. Coinbase: www.coinbase.com
2. Binance: www.binance.com/en
3. Gemini: www.gemini.com/
In no particular order. I use Coinbase because it was the easiest (for me) to sign up for, but any popular exchange should work. ETH is a very common currency and most exchanges trade it.
If you aren’t able to set up an account on an exchange, you can always ask a friend to send you some ETH to your Metamask wallet address instead, but that’s outside the scope of the class. Ask around! You’d be surprised how many cryptocurrency holders you know.
• Freelance & Entrepreneurship
• Digital Art
• Blender Tutorial